Wednesday, May 10, 2017

On book conventions and Comic Con booths

Long before I read anything by Brandon Sanderson, I saw his booth at Salt Lake Comic Con. At the time, it seemed very strange to me. I best remember the necklaces with small bottles of metal flakes in liquid, which seemed bizarre to me in the moment. I now know that those are from Mistborn and I would be glad to be in possession of one.
It wasn’t until that moment that I realized authors could come to Comic Con and that many people welcome and rejoice in their favorite authors coming to Comic Con and other fan conventions. Comic book writers and artists are all over these conventions, but there are novelists at conventions? And conventions for readers/writers in different genres?!
Here are a few authors you might run into at fan conventions this summer and fall:

What bookish conventions are you going to this summer? What authors would you like to meet?

No comments:

Post a Comment