Monday, May 8, 2017

On upcoming or just-released books that I recommend

I spent a good amount of time only reading ARCs and egalleys, then I took a break for a bit to finish my library books before they were due. That’s when a bunch of books I’d ordered came in and it was difficult to finish all the egalleys I wanted to before their release dates...but I did it! And here are the ones that I think are worth your time. In fact, I’d highly recommend them (they’re great):
Image result for sealskin su bristow
  • Sealskin by Su Bristow (May 1st) - A slow retelling of a selkie folk tale, this story is beautiful, dark, and sweet. Donald is young fisherman who is a bit of an outcast in his community - until he bring home Maihri, a selkie. The story follow Donald over the years after he meets Maihri as his life changes completely. It’s a beautiful tale that’s easy to get lost in. I recommend this for anyone who likes slow stories and retellings. 
                                                                   Image result for six stories matt
  • Six Stories by Matt Wesolowski (June 1st) - After twenty years, Tom Jeffries’ death is again under investigation - this time, by a podcast host who returns to interview those who were involved. This is one of the best books I’ve read so far this year - it’s brilliantly told, well-written, intriguing, and keeps you guessing right up until the end. Just when I thought I had everything figured out, I was thrown for a loop - and those are the best sorts of horror novels. Anyone with an interest in horror or cleverly written stories should read this.


Any upcoming or just-released book you've enjoyed recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment