Tuesday, December 5, 2017

September-November: Best and Strangest

Well, it's been a very busy last couple months. As school has been back in full swing, it's been difficult for me to update as much as I would like and to read as much as I would like. Because of that, I've failed to post my best and strangest for each month lately. But not to worry! I am now posting everything that I have read from September through November and choosing the best and strangest of those books.

BEST:
American Gods
  • American Gods by Neil Gaiman - I can't believe I hadn't read this before. It's absolutely incredible! This is without a doubt one of the most beautiful, haunting, and mysterious books I've ever read. Gaiman's characters are wonderful and so memorable, the plotline is beautiful and dark and unexpected, the storytelling so magical. I cannot recommend this book highly enough (but don't bother with the TV series. It's awful).


STRANGEST:
Horrorstör
  • Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix - This is such a weird book. It's a horror story set in an IKEA that is both terrifying and kind of hilarious. Like, a minor plot point is that an employee has the right screwdriver in their pocket to save them from certain death. It's ridiculous and one of the more bizarre books I've ever read. 


THE REST OF THE BOOKS:

Sag Harbor
★★★


The World's Religions: Our Great Wisdom Traditions
★★★


Old Man's War (Old Man's War, #1)
★★★


The Authentics
★★★★


Altamont: The Rolling Stones, the Hells Angels, and the Inside Story of Rock's Darkest Day
★★★★


A Man Called Ove
★★★★


The Hate U Give
★★★★
(this was a close second for Best book on this post)


Yes Please
★★★


The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
★★★


On Bowie
★★★★


A Light That Never Goes Out: The Enduring Saga of The Smiths
★★★


Priest (Ratcatchers #1)
★★★


Pirate Women: The Princesses, Prostitutes, and Privateers Who Ruled the Seven Seas
★★★


Let's Go Crazy: Prince and the Making of Purple Rain
★★★★


Maniac Magee
★★★


Thrice Upon a Marigold (Upon a Marigold, #3)
★★★


Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
★★★


A Crucible of Souls (Sorcery Ascendant Sequence, #1)
★★★


Girl Waits with Gun (Kopp Sisters, #1)
★★★


The Song of the Quarkbeast (The Chronicles of Kazam, #2)
★★★


What have you been reading this month? Have you read any of the book I've read recently? Any suggestions based on what I've been reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment