Thursday, January 11, 2018

Author Spotlight: Brandon Sanderson

Today, I’m trying out a new feature on the blog. I decided that I want to start discussing/interviewing authors that I think deserve a little more attention. To get this feature started, I’m going to first spotlight an author that I strongly believe everyone should read: Brandon Sanderson.

If you’re unfamiliar with his work (which will shock me if you’re a frequent reader of this
blog), then you should know that Sanderson is one of the more recognized and loved
names in modern fantasy. He writes for middle grade, YA, and adults - so everyone can
read some Sanderson.
The reason I’m featuring Sanderson is because I strongly believe EVERYONE
SHOULD READ HIS BOOKS. Every book might not be for you, but among so many
of his books, I can guarantee that you’ll find something worth your time (and if you
need help figuring out where to start, tell me a few books you like in the comments
and I’ll guide you in the right direction).


MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS:



YOUNG ADULT BOOKS




ADULT FANTASY - Newcomers should know that all the worlds in Sanderson’s adult
fantasy series are connected and will eventually be brought together as each series
progresses. In the meantime, each series is unique and fascinating alone and can be
enjoyed independent of the other series.


(Currently a standalone)



(First trilogy of the Mistborn Trilogies)



(Second trilogy of the Mistborn Trilogies - far more Wild West steampunk than the first)



(will eventually be twelve books)


(short stories to help bridge some of the gaps between the worlds and
answer questions that aren’t addressed in the series)



What Sanderson books have you already read? Which ones interest you? What about Sanderson
makes him stand out from other current fantasy authors? What’s keeping you from reading these
books if you haven't read them?

No comments:

Post a Comment