Monday, February 26, 2018

Music Monday #2 and State of the ARC #1

Music Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Lauren Stoolfire at Always Me that asks you to share one or two songs that you've recently enjoyed. For the rules, visit the page HERE


Gah, it's hard to explain how much I love Paramore's new album - it's so full of 80's pop and yet it remains true to Paramore's sound.




I've also been in love with Odette's first single "Watch Me Read You." It was one of my top tracks of 2017 and I'm still blown away by how beautiful it is.






_____________________________________________________________________________





Today, we're also starting State of the ARC - where I talk about how behind I am on my ARCs and make excuse for why I'm not through them yet. State of the ARC is run by Avalinah's Books. Read the official rules HERE.

I'll be honest - I haven't been great about keeping up with old ARCs, so this is my commitment to start catching up (I also have a challenge from The Herd Presents to finish 8 backlisted books this year, so I'm hoping I can combine these challenges and knock out some books). So here is where I was at in the beginning of the month.


This month, I read two books that weren't due yet to get ahead of the game so I can spend next month focusing on overdue books. Here are the two books linked to my reviews:

Smoke Eaters    Queen of the Struggle (The Memory Thief #2)


I also had to forego reading two books that I was no longer able to download. So since doing my initial count, I moved 4 books off my to-read shelf. I also was approved for one new book that isn't due for a few months. Today, my chart looks a bit more like this:


Hopefully next month I can start tackling those overdue books! Thanks to Avalinah's Books again for running this meme and helping motivate me to get working on my ARCs!


What have you been listening to lately? How many ARCs do you have to catch up on? And how do you motivate yourself to finish backlisted books?

14 comments:

  1. It always feels good to get ahead of the curve :) Congrats on your progress and good luck with the next month's reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's annoying to finally get to a book and to no longer be able to download it! I got caught out with that before so now download as soon as I can and have a scary lot of books cluttering up my Kindle :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha yes, I'm in that boat too....and all those unread books are the stuff nightmares are made of.

      Delete
  3. I had no clue Rose-Colored Boy was Paramour... thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once got approved for a book on the release day, and I couldn't download it anymore even though I went to get it immediately :/ That was super annoying, so I can relate :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so annoying! I'm sorry! What's the point of even approving it at that point?

      Delete
  5. Yay welcome to the meme! Glad to have you. It seems you are starting off with quite a serious stack! Although not as serious as mine was :D best of luck in March and I hope you can mow that stack down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty impressed with your stack and really really grateful you started this meme before I got to that point. Thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your ARCs! I really have to stop to request them because I am buried by them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that feeling! I'm not letting myself request anymore until I can finish a few more.

      Delete
  7. I am glad you joined State of the ARC :) I would say your situation is much much better than mine :D It always feels good to make some progress. I hope March is even better for you .

    My State of the ARC: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/03/state-arc-march-2018/

    ReplyDelete