Monday, September 25, 2017

On books suggested in my social work classes

Well, folks, I’m back in school. Grad school has a lot of reading involved and I’m loving it. It’s also limited how much reading I can do for fun - all my reading is currently directed at learning more and becoming a better student and social worker. And there's a lot of reading in grad school. Like, a LOT. In light of this, here are some books that you can read that will help teach you about issues that social workers confront and issues in our world in general:

All Souls: A Family Story from Southie
Hold Still: A Memoir with Photographs
The Center Cannot Hold: My Journey Through Madness
Orange Is the New Black
Girl in Need of a Tourniquet: Memoir of a Borderline Personality
The Dark Side of Innocence: Growing Up Bipolar


If this still isn’t enough reading material for you (or if you’re already a social worker who’s read everything on this list), check out this Goodreads list with more suggestions.


What books would you add to this list? Which of these books have you already read?

No comments:

Post a Comment