It’s time for school to start again! Young children who are fairly new to school might be a bit nervous about starting, but here are some books to help them know what to expect and to feel more comfortable with the idea of going to school:
- School’s First Day of School by Adam Rex
- Is Your Buffalo Ready for Kindergarten? by Audrey Vernick
- My Teacher Sleeps in School by Leatie Weiss
- On My Way To School by Sarah Maizes.
- The Art Lesson by Tomie de Paola
- If You Take a Mouse to School by Laura Numeroff
- Kindergarten Rocks! by Katie Davis
- Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes
- Lunch Money And Other Poems About School by Carol Diggory Shields
- Amelia Bedelia Goes Back To School by Herman Parish
- The Pirate of Kindergarten by George Ella Lyons
- David Goes To School by David Shannon
- Thank You, Mr. Falker by Patricia Polacco
- The Name Jar by Yangsook Choi
- Miss Nelson is Missing! by Harry Allard
- Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus by Barbara Park
- Horrible Harry in Room 2B by Suzy Kline
- Vampires Don’t Wear Polka Dots by Debbie Dadey
Since I don’t typically read or review children’s book very often, a lot of ideas for this post came from articles here, here, and here. Feel free to look at them for even more ideas about school.
What children’s books about school have you loved? Which books would you add to this list? Are there any you feel like don’t belong?