Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Resolutions: Read 8+ backlisted ARCs (& The Herd Presents Challenge)

Guys! I did it! I actually finished one of my 2018 book resolutions!

I'm not usually one for New Year's Resolutions, so when I decided to make a few blogging and bookish resolutions, I didn't think I'd follow through. But posting them on the blog has made me feel accountable to all you folks and has encouraged me to actually work towards these resolutions.

So today, I'm happy to announce that I've finished one!  When the year started, I had a mountain of overdue ARCs that I wanted to start cleaning up. The Herd Presents posted about a Blogger Shame Challenge they were running and I immediately knew I needed that support. I set of goal of reading 8+ backlisted ARCs and got to work.

And you know what? It's actually been kind of fun. I've been training myself to take breaks from library books to read an ARC and it's been really helpful to have a semi-schedule to reading them. I also have worked a lot on prioritizing what books I'll need to read in what order to get things done before they're due. And it's been great.

I think this also helped me focus more on working through ARCs than just reading library books - something I'm often guilty of doing because there are SO MANY BOOKS to read in so little time! But I'm starting to get my ARC pile down to size and I'm really happy about it!

Here are the 8 backlisted books I've read so far this year - and there will be many more to come as the year goes on:


Stranger No More: A Muslim Refugee’s Story of Harrowing Escape, Miraculous Rescue, and the Quiet Call of Jesus  Smoke Eaters  Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance  Wolf's Revenge (Leo Maxwell #5)
  
A Guy Like Me: The John Scott Story  Seven Suspects  Two Girls Down  Where I End: A Story of Tragedy, Truth, and Rebellious Hope


How are you doing on your yearly resolutions? What backlisted ARCs have you read so far this year? Have you read any of these books?

No comments:

Post a Comment