Wednesday, May 30, 2018

State of the ARC #3

Today, we're continuing State of the ARC - where I talk about how behind I am on my ARCs and make excuses for why I'm not through them yet. State of the ARC is run by Avalinah's Books. Read the official rules HERE.


ARCs can be really difficult for me. As much as I love reading, I don't often get books that I thoroughly enjoy in the form of ARCs - I'm still catching up from my initial flood of Netgalley requests and I requested every book in sight, no matter how odd they looked. Now that I'm starting to be a little more discerning about which books I'll request, things are getting better, but there's still that pile of books I no longer care about that I have to force myself through and that's just....bleh.

BUT in spite of this, I managed to get some ARCs read this month and make a little progress! Here is where I was at the beginning of May:


While my requests definitely aren't completely out of control (for now....), there's still a lot of work I could do in order to catch up (and try not to fall so far behind again). Here are the books I've finished since State of the ARC #2:

Diary of a Beatlemaniac: A Fab Insider's Look at the Beatles Era  Sheets  Where I End: A Story of Tragedy, Truth, and Rebellious Hope

Two Girls Down  Lost Gods  Fruit of the Drunken Tree  Carnegie's Maid


And while I did finish a lot of books (for which I'm very impressed with myself), I also requested a lot of books (there are so many good SFF books coming up!). So....my end of the month chart does not fully show how much progress I made and how proud of myself I am.


The overall numbers stayed about the same, but my overdue books went way down! And I'm striving to keep up on my books that are coming due (and actually doing a decent job of that). 


Have you heard of any of these books? How do you keep ahead of your ARCs? How many ARCs did you read this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment